Grilled Beef with Garlic Chips


I don’t usually buy beef but if I do, I always prefer short ribs as they are highly marbled in fat and full of flavour. Got a pack of thinly cut short ribs from my local butcher, I decide to make Yakiniku (Japanese BBQ) style grilled meat as this is what I am recently craving for. Since the beef is thinly sliced, just need to marinate with sauce mixture for 10 minutes and it would be ready to cook. I also make crispy garlic chips as the extra crunchy toppings; they surely give it a fantastic texture and aroma to make the savoury gilled slices even tastier. I guarantee you this easy recipe will totally rock your world.

 

INGREDIENTS

-130g thin-cut beef short ribs.

-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.

-Spring onions and sesame seeds to garnish.

 

TO MARINATE BEEF

-1 tbsp spring onion whites.

-1 tsp minced garlic.

-1 tsp minced ginger.

-1 tbsp cooking wine.

-1 tsp sugar.

-1 tsb soy sauce.

-1 tsp Yuzu Kosho paste. (if not, use white pepper and lemon juice)

-1 tsp black pepper.

-1/2 tbsp sesame oil.

Mix above ingredients thoroughly to marinate thin-cut short ribs for about 10 minutes.

 

METHOD

1. Heat 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, add garlic slices and fry until golden crispy, then drain and set garlic chips aside.

2. Heat oil in another pan over medium high heat, place marinated beef slices in a single layer, flip over when golden brown.

3. Serve over rice, sprinkle with spring onions, garlic chips and sesame seeds.



 


You can also watch my Reels to see how I make it :



 

No comments